By: Mariska Barnard
Serves: 2 portions
- 120 g Chicken breast fillet
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Chicken spice to taste
- 1 cup Baby spinach
- ½ cup Cucumber
- ¼ medium Avocado
- ¾ cup Strawberries
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
- 10 g Cashews, unsalted
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill chicken in oven with olive oil and chicken spice until cooked.
- Cut cucumber into quarter circles, dice up the avocado in blocks and slice up the strawberries into quarters.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into blocks.
- Wash baby spinach if needed.
- After chicken has cooled down, slice into pieces as well.
- Put all ingredients together and drizzle some Balsamic vinegar over the salad.
We love it!
This recipe can be easily changed into a side dish by removing the chicken and dividing it into smaller servings.
Cashews contains Omega 3 fatty acids, a heart healthy fat, which has been shown to lower blood pressure, reduce chances of stroke and heart attack and is anti-inflammatory.
Top tip: To check if chicken is cooked through, cut into it and make sure the juice is clear!
Nutrient analysis per serving:
Energy: 1009 kJ | Carbohydrates: 5.3 g (of which 4.3 g sugar) | Protein: 24.3 g |
Fat: 12.9 g | Fibre: 3 g | Sodium: 389 mg