By Megan Clarke
- 400g cooked fusilli pasta
- 2 red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 1 block (350g) tofu
- 1 tin (450g) chopped tomato/ tomato puree
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the red peppers in half length-ways and deseed. Place on an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast at 180°C until skins are blistering.
- Chop garlic and onion and sauté in a frying pan until onions are translucent.
- Place the roasted peppers, onions and garlic, block of tofu, tinned tomatoes and seasoning in a blender or food processor and blend until pureed.
- Serve with whole wheat pasta of choice.
Nutrient analysis per serving:
1358kJ energy, 45g carbohydrate (of which 7.5g sugar), 16g protein, 10g fat (of which 1.2g saturated fat), 8g fibre, 236mg sodium.
We love it!
This recipe is plant based, high in fibre, low in fat and salt and a good source of vitamin C.
Fibre promotes gut health, aids in blood sugar control, and helps prevent certain cancers.
Top tip: red peppers are packed with Vitamin C to support the immune system.